Sign In     

Support for RX100 mk2

Support for RX100 mk2

Re: Support for RX100 mk2

Postby developer_support_1 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:48 am

Thank you for your comments. Unfortunately, there is no plan to support DSC-RX100M2 for now.

Postby thibaud michel » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:38 am

As rx100 mk2 uses a webservice to be connected to play memories you can do the same for your app.

About WebService:
All of what we need already exists. To access webservice you have to use this url: instead of with others cameras. All JSON queries describes there (CameraRemoteAPI_API-Reference_v1.20.pdf) are available.

This is an example with curl:
Code: Select all
curl -X POST -d "{\"method\":\"getAvailableApiList\",\"params\":[],\"id\":1,\"version\":\"1.0\"}"

This is the list of available api returned by previous command:

About SDK:
I also tried Android SDK with Sample App (available for others cameras).
SSDP response will give link for webservice, this one is wrong and if you want to use it you will have a JSON response "Not implemented yet" or something like that. So you need to hard code the right url given above There is one more trick, somewhere in the code you have to replace a condition.
if(device.getVersion() >= 2) { ... } by if(device.getVersion() >= 1). This both modifications allow you to use Sample App with your camera.

I think I will try to do a small android app for timelapse using only http requests (not sony sdk) .
thibaud michel

Postby imdjay » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:01 am

have you made any progress on this? now with the RX10 out, this api or workaround is all the more desired.

Return to Q&A Forum